Athlete Assessments Newsletters – November 2018
Are you wondering where 2018 has disappeared to? So are we! With a huge year under our belt, we couldn’t be more excited for the new year ahead. But before we head into 2019, we’re pleased to share another thought-provoking update with you. We continue to shine the spotlight on more of our inspirational clients, dive into hot topics such as the ‘right place for goals’ and ‘what’s best for the team’, and much more. Ready to read and watch on?! Over to you…
Mental Performance Coach, Dr Nicole Detling, is distinguished by her ability to cultivate exceptional progress in her athletes. Professionally, she was a fundamental part of Team USA’s incredibly successful campaigns at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, 2014 Sochi Olympics and the 2018 Olympics in PyeongChang. She worked with the US Speed Skating and Freestyle Aerial Ski Teams as well as the Snowboarding team for PyeongChang. Over 2 decades she’s developed a unique insight into the pressures associated with Olympic performance, how to work through them and lay the foundations for success.Read More
5 MINUTE VIDEOS
WHAT’S NEW AND WHAT’S ON?
46th NCAA Women Coaches Academy and Academy 2.0
November 28 – December 1 2018 in Denver, Colorado
WeCoach (previously the Alliance of Women Coaches) is set to stage the 46th Women Coaches Academy (WCA) and the second Academy 2.0 in Denver at the end of November 2018. Academy 2.0 is a master-class that sees the second cohort of women coaches, graduates of the NCAA Women Coaches Academies, submerge themselves in a specialist extension program run in conjunction with the upcoming WCA. Liz Masen is presenting key workshops at both events. Read more about the programs here.
And, if you’d like to support the work of WeCoach and get kitted up with awesome clothing, ensure to visit the WeCoach merchandise webpage.
2018 National Fastpitch Coaches Association National Convention
December 5 – 8 2018 in Chicago, Illinois
Share the excitement, the speakers, and the learning with us at the Annual Fastpitch Coaching convention. Reflect on your results and prepare for the year ahead. Bo Hanson, of Athlete Assessments, is presenting a half-day pre-convention workshop on ‘Team Culture Toolkit’ and a workshop during the convention on ‘How to be Athlete Tough’ – both must-see presentations. Find out more.
2018 American Volleyball Coaches Association Convention
December 12 – 16 2018 in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Be sure to get to one of the two workshops presented by Bo Hanson at this year’s AVCA Convention, or catch both Bo and Liz Masen in the exhibition hall at the Athlete Assessments Booth #202. Bo will be facilitating workshops which catalyze winning cultures and coaching strategies. They are packed with tools, usable strategies and real-life examples from his daily work as a coaching consultant to championship winning teams, Olympians and professional athletes. We’ll see you there!
2018 Intercollegiate Tennis Association Annual Coaches Convention
December 14 – 17 2018 in Naples, Florida
Learn the mechanics of creating and maintaining a winning culture at Bo Hanson’s Team Culture Toolkit presentation during the 2018 Intercollegiate Tennis Association’s Annual Conference. Annual Conferences are always a phenomenal opportunity to learn and this year’s ITA Conference in Florida will be no different. In addition to his presentation, Bo will facilitate a panel discussion on culture, featuring invaluable real-life insights from three extraordinary tennis coaches, Roland Thornqvist (University of Florida), Robin Stephenson (University of Washington) and Kelcy McKenna (University of Wisconsin – Madison). Find out more.
2019 The National Association of Kinesiology in Higher Education National Conference
January 9 – 12 2019 in Savannah, Georgia
It’s a rare occasion that you’ll see both Bo Hanson, 4 x Olympian and Performance Consultant, and Liz Masen, CEO and Client Director of Athlete Assessments, on the same stage presenting. But if you’re going to the NAKHE National Conference in Savannah in the new year, you will. With the focus of the conference on “Best Practices in Kinesiology: Showcasing our Successes” and key themes of conference on faculty development, student success, entrepreneurism and innovative curricula, it’s their sincere honor to be invited to speak. See you there!
AND HERE COMES THE PITCH…
We appreciate those of you who have made it all the way to this part of our newsletter. If you love what we do and want us to be involved in your sporting life, there are many different ways to consider working with us:
- Are you a sport psychologist or performance consultant and were inspired by our articles about Nicole Detling, Josh Gordon and Sandra Chu? You too can take your consultancy to the next level and achieve the success that they have too. As a top consultant, your clients rely on you being the best in your field, knowing the true determinants of success and having access to the tools that will make the most impact when it comes to improving performance. Athlete Assessments’ DISC Profiling is the tool you need to help your clients realize their potential. Find out more about Athlete Assessments’ Consultant Program now.
- Our Team Programs are still our foundation service and what is most in demand with our coach clients. Team building isn’t an event, it’s a process and it’s exactly why our Team Programs include staged development. We work alongside our coaches and teams to ensure they get the most value from our work together and most importantly, get results. With a client retention rate of 96%, alongside an impressive track record of National Championships, if you don’t already know about our Team Programs, find out today!
- With the Spring semester (in the northern hemisphere) in our sights, we’re getting ready for the next round of classes with our Academic clients, just like and including Texas A&M (as you’ve read about above). Did you know Athlete Assessments’ DISC Profiles are used in the classroom at many of the top universities within their Bachelor and Master’s programs in Sport Management & Leadership, Coaching and Sport Psychology? Our Academic clients know that the success of their students reflects the success of their program and they focus on providing their students with the skills which differentiate them when they enter the competitive sports industry. Find out more about the Athlete Assessments Academic Program.
- Looking for a different holiday gift to give? Consider our DISC Card Game for the hard-to-buy-for coach in your life. It has unlimited ways to be played to help build self-awareness, understanding of others, improve communication and build relationships. Find out about our DISC Card Game today!
- Developed initially as a support service to assist our current clients with developing mental toughness in their athletes, the Athlete Tough Program has grown to be a stand out, stand-alone product. The Workbook is written in plain English and highly illustrated to keep your athletes engaged, and the video series makes it easy to implement as a coach. Find out why so many coaches love the Athlete Tough Program and read what they have to say.
- Are you thinking about your next Camps? And how to differentiate yours from all of the other choices young athletes have? Here’s how you can make yours stand-out from the rest and add exceptional value to your campers’ experience with you. Athlete Assessments now have an Elite Sports Camp service that you need to be aware of.
Please support the men in our office supporting men’s health with their committed efforts to grow their mo’s during the month of November! All funds go to this worthy charity. Meet our men.
Quotes to Inspire You
And we’ll leave you with our popular quotes section of our newsletter!
“A year from now you’ll be glad you started today.”
“No rain. No flowers.”
“Success isn’t always about ‘greatness’. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work gains success. Greatness will come.”
“Good, better, best. Never let it rest until your good is better and your better is best.”
“It is your response to winning and losing that makes you a winner or a loser.”
Want to be kept in the loop?
My very best,
and the Athlete Assessments Team