Introducing Bo Hanson
4x Olympian, 3x Olympic Medalist
Senior Consultant and Director of Athlete Assessments
Bo Hanson’s career within the sport and the business sector spans over 25 years, delivering leadership, management and coach development. In addition to his own athletic career comprising of four Olympic appearances and including three Olympic medals, Bo has worked for many years with coaches and athletes from over 40 different sports across the globe.
Bo’s ability to improve the coaching strategies and performance of his clients has resulted in over 21 national championships, Olympic medals and pro team premierships. Long-standing working relationships and consistent high-quality feedback from his clients are testimony to his ability to understand, connect, design and deliver exceptional work
More about Bo Hanson
In 1992, aged 18 years old, Bo Hanson became Australia’s youngest rower to compete at the Olympic Games. Following his first appearance, Bo went on to win bronze medals in 1996, 2000 and 2004. During his Olympic career, Bo Hanson studied at the University of Technology, Sydney and began his 25 years of experience in corporate training, development and facilitation.
Utilizing personal experiences from four Olympic appearances combined with his training and development qualifications, Bo founded Athlete Assessments with a vision to enable athletes, coaches and sports organizations to achieve peak performance.
Well over a decade later, Bo has worked with more than 100,000 individuals and sports organizations across the world. Spanning over 40 different sports, Bo works closely with coaches, athletes, and sports administrators.
Bo has spoken at more than 100 international sporting conferences on topics critical for coaches of all sports to understand. At the core of these presentations is the philosophy that building self-awareness enables people to develop productive relationships with those around them. Bo specifically discusses a modern approach to coaching and leadership including how to improve team performances and use behavioral profiling to achieve sustainable success. With his practical experience from working with more than a thousand teams, Bo discusses the behaviors of the most successful teams and identifies how to prevent your program from being derailed by ‘people issues’.
Bo is highly educated and accredited in the use of DISC Profiling, Emotional Intelligence (Emotional Competence Inventory 360), the Myers Briggs Personality Type Indicator plus several other personality and behavioral modeling tools. Despite his extensive knowledgebase, Bo has chosen to focus his work on DISC Behavioral Profiling and has developed the world’s only validated and reliable sporting version of DISC Profiling for use with coaches, athletes, sports managers, and officials. This sport-specific behavioral awareness tool has consistently helped clients improve their performances on and off the field.
Podcast: with Bo Hanson
Be the best player for the team, not the best player on the team: a conversation with 4x Olympian, Bo Hanson
Choose from the extensive list of topics
Bo covers in his popular ‘5 Minutes with Bo Hanson’ video series.
The power of a successful coach
In this short video, Bo Hanson tells his story about how a coach kept his dream alive despite not winning a single schoolboy event. Aged 18, Bo then went onto represent Australia at the Olympic Games showing the powerful impact a few well-timed words from a coach can make.
- Developed the world’s only validated and reliable sporting version of DISC Profiling for use with coaches, athletes, sports managers and officials
- Three-time Olympic bronze medal winner
- Speaker at more than 100 international sporting conferences on topics critical for coaches of all sports to understand
- Worked with more than 1,000 teams
Finalist in the 2020 Excellence Award for Australia’s Best Leadership Development Program
Inducted as a ‘Legend of State High’ in 2021
As a guest speaker, business advisor and leadership and development consultant, Bo is passionate about developing healthy relationships that lead to winning outcomes across all sectors.
Bo is a hands-on leader and continues to have an active role in the running and service delivery of Athlete Assessments. This connection with his clients based on an understanding of their needs is what he believes allows him to deliver exceptional results.
Bo is a regular keynote speaker at some of the highest profile sports conferences and programs across the globe including:
- AFL high-performance Coaching Program
- Alliance of Women Coaches, The Huddle
- American Baseball Coaches Association Conference
- American Volleyball Coaches Association Convention
- ARU high-performance Coaching Course
- Australian Football League Coaches Conference
- Australian Swimming Coaches Conference
- Cricket Australia Emerging Umpires Program
- Collegiate Golf Coaches Association of America
- Evolution of the Athlete Conference
- FFA Professional Coaches Program
- Intercollegiate Tennis Association Coaches Convention
- National Fastpitch Coaches Association Conference
- National Soccer Coaches Association of America Convention
- NCAA Women Coaches Academy
- Netball NSW Conference
- Notre Dame Annual Leadership Conference
- NRL high-performance Coaches Conference
- NSW Gymnastic Conference
- Rowing Australia Coaches Conference
- USA National Coaching Conference
- US Lacrosse Conference
- US Rowing Convention
- Women’s Basketball Coaches Association National Convention
To contact Bo Hanson, we welcome you to please complete the below form.
We will always respond within 48 hours. Fields with Asterisks (*) require completion. We respect your privacy. Your details will not be used in any way other than a quick call or email to see how we can be of assistance with your online requirements.