This issue we present options to solve some of the toughest coaching problems, wade into the football code war debate and include a movie review! As well, there are our regular popular video segments and top articles on the most requested topics. We’re always striving to improve and focus on what you want…
Athlete Assessments Newsletters – June 2010
This latest update contains:
- What to do when your athletes don’t compete as well as they train – Ensure your athletes perform their best when it matters the most. Find out the most important connections between training and competing.
- Coaches, lessons from The Blind Side – Have you seen the movie? It’s a great one. Find out what everyone is raving about and the most important message for sport from this recent Academy Award winning movie.
- Special access to the Video on Pre-Season Preparation – Following the popularity of last issues’ article on Pre-Season Preparation (How to Get a GRIP), we’re providing you special access to the accompanying video that is usually for client access only.
- It’s not all about the Money in the War for Footballers – are we crazy to wade into this debate? Make up your mind on the controversy.
- At risk of upsetting Sport Psychs, we cover what coaches can do themselves within the realms of sport psychology – we believe that it can be far more effective coming from the coach.
- Get some inspiration from YouTube clips – one of the favorite regular features of our newsletter. We share our clients’ latest favorites. Let us know your favorite too!
1, WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR ATHLETES DON’T COMPETE AS WELL AS THEY TRAIN
One of the hardest disappointments to cope with is when our athletes don’t compete as well as they have performed in practice. Here is a strategy on how to ensure your athletes perform their best when it matters the most. This article is about coaching athletes to control their nerves so they can compete at least as well as they train, if not better. Want to read more… https://www.athleteassessments.com/articles/coach_athletes_to_practice_to_compete.html
2, COACHES, LESSONS FROM THE BLIND SIDE
The movie The Blind Side has been enjoyed by massive audiences around the world and deservingly so with its inspirational portrait of football star Michael Oher. If you haven’t yet seen this movie, see it as soon as you can. It is an outstanding movie all round and especially for sports coaches, it is an important reminder to watch their own blind side too. Want to read more… https://www.athleteassessments.com/articles/sport_coach_the_blind_side.html
3, NEW VIDEO ON PRE-SEASON PREPARATION
April’s article on pre-season preparation, How to Get a GRIP, was a big winner with our readers. So to follow up on this popularity, we’re providing you with special access to the accompanying video. This video is usually only for our clients, but this month, every reader can watch it. Kick start to the best season yet! Get the exact methods the top teams use to start their season on the right footing. When problems occur during the season, it is usually because this vital time wasn’t invested upfront. Watch the video now… https://www.athleteassessments.com/kick_start_your_sports_season.html
Or read the original article…https://www.athleteassessments.com/articles/pre_season_preparation_grip_model.html
4, IT’S NOT ALL ABOUT THE MONEY IN THE WAR FOR FOOTBALLERS
Salary caps, player payments, code swapping footballers! Are we crazy to wade into the debate? The different football codes fight each other for talented players with bigger sports bags full of dollars. Is it all about the money? The business world would say no and we agree. These days, professional sport is accepted as a business. However, thinking of it only in terms of how much a player gets paid is missing the bigger picture and vital knowledge accepted by the rest of business world. Want to read more… https://www.athleteassessments.com/articles/football_pay_not_all_money.html
5, SPORT PSYCHOLOGY FOR COACHES
Often coaches find sport psychology daunting and put it in the “too hard” basket. Others outsource it to sport psychologists and miss important benefits of a holistic coaching approach. Find out what aspects of sport psychology coaches can do themselves to improve athletic performance. We’ll apologize in advance to any sport psychologists we upset with this article. Want to read more… https://www.athleteassessments.com/articles/sport_psychology_for_coaches.html
5, BEST “YOUTUBE” CLIPS
Here are some inspirational clips from YouTube. Send us your favorites too!
Celebrating the meaning of sport and competition:
With the ‘movie’ theme this month, watch another movie legend Will Smith share his lessons on life:
Continue to have the best 2010! Please let me know how we can best assist you to make it the year to remember and be proud of. And keep sending your feedback – we love to receive it!
My best regards,
Liz Masen and the Athlete Assessments Team
PS: Feel free to forward this email onto others you believe would be interested or would benefit…
Office: +61 (0)7 3102 5333 Mobile/Cell: +61 (0) 412 424 727
USA: +1 760 742 5157 UK: +44 20 7193 4575 NZ: +64 (0)9 889 2979