Athlete Assessments Newsletter – December 2019
We’re capping off 2019 and getting ready for a phenomenal 2020. Bring on the new decade! We have some very exciting developments and changes ahead, so we thought it’d be a great opportunity to finish the year with inspiration. We look forward to sharing more with you in the new year – Happy Holidays! Get set for a sensational year ahead.
Got a spare couple of minutes on the way to training or the weekend match? Catch the conversation between Bo Hanson and Adam Haniver on The Boxing Coaches’ Podcast. What really makes this podcast worth listening to is the way that Adam, host of The Boxing Coaches’ Podcast, asks Bo questions that surface the connections between the mechanisms and the outcomes that drive performance.
On a daily basis, the Performance and Wellness Institute is buzzing with athletes practicing their verticals, leaping between stations, pushing their strength towards numbers that were previously unimaginable, while rehabbers are moving with increasing degrees and fluidity. But this isn’t what distinguishes the Institute, enter Crisa Renard and Ryan Wasilawski, these two Exercise Physiologists and their investment in every individual is what’s behind the success stories that clients are quick to share.
What people find most interesting about Bo and me, is that our family live on a boat and that we’ve built an international business based in the competitive sports industry from a beach town in Queensland (Australia). What isn’t immediately obvious is that these two very different aspects to our lives are deeply connected.
OTHER POPULAR TOPICS AND RESEARCH
WHERE WE’VE BEEN AND WHAT’S AHEAD
Heading to Palm Springs in the second week of January 2020? What a co-incidence, so are we!
You’ll find Athlete Assessments exhibiting at the National Association of Kinesiology in Higher Education (NAKHE) Conference from January 8th to 11th. On the Thursday morning, ensure to attend the presentation Liz Masen (under her academic name Elizabeth Masen) is doing with Jody Langdon, Associate Professor at Georgia Southern University on “Using Concepts from Self-Determination Theory to Enhance an Already-Existing Coach Assessment: CoachDISC and Autonomy Support”.
In November, Bo Hanson was presenting keynote presentations and coaching workshops for the National Rugby League and Basketball Queensland.
It was great to see good turn outs at both the presentations and workshops showing just how committed these organizations and their people are to continuing education. The best coaches characteristically consider their coaching as a continuum of learning – they take opportunities to understand and develop techniques to apply new skills, check in with colleagues and consider different approaches to challenging issues. We also find that there is a role modelling result from our workshops – athletes see their coaches constantly improving, looking for new and better ways to do what they do every day, something we ask of our athletes regularly. See Bo in action through their coverage.
In October, Liz Masen was in beautiful Portland to represent Athlete Assessments at the Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP) Conference.
It is the largest annual sport psychology conference worldwide and is a must-go-to for practitioners working with pro and elite athletes; collegiate, high school, and youth sport athletes. This year the AASP Conference featured over 100 workshops, lectures, and discussion panels, delivering continuing education on the latest techniques and practices in the field, and of course had a selection of the best providers globally.
AND HERE COMES THE PITCH…
We appreciate those of you who have made it all the way to this part of our newsletter. If you love what we do and want us to be involved in your sporting life, there are many different ways to consider working with us:
- Are you a sport psychologist or performance consultant and looking at how to add further value to your clients in 2020? As a top consultant, your clients rely on you being the best in your field, knowing the true determinants of success, and having access to the tools that will make the most impact when it comes to improving performance. Athlete Assessments’ DISC Profiling is the tool you need to help your clients realize their full potential. Find out more about Athlete Assessments’ Consultant Program now.
- If you are in the planning stage of preparing your team for a phenomenal 2020 season, make sure you’re aware of our very popular Team Programs. These are still our foundation service and what is most in demand with our coach clients. Team building isn’t an event, it’s a process and it’s exactly why our Team Programs include staged development. We work alongside your coaches and team to ensure they get the most value from our work together, and most importantly, get results. With a client retention rate of 96%, alongside an impressive track record of National Championships, if you don’t already know about our Team Programs, find out today!
- Or are you a Sport Management, Kinesiology, Coaching or Sport Psychology professor or university lecturer wanting to find out more about how Athlete Assessments helps students be truly competitive in the sports industry. Our DISC Profiles (the only ones available specifically for sport) are used in the classroom at many of the top universities within their Bachelor and Master’s programs in Sport Management & Leadership, Coaching and Sport Psychology. Our Academic clients know that the success of their students reflects the success of their program, so they focus on providing their students with the skills that will differentiate them within a competitive sports industry. Find out more about the Athlete Assessments Academic Program.
- Looking for fun team bonding activities to sustain you throughout 2020 and beyond? Consider our DISC Card Game! It has unlimited ways to be played to help build self-awareness, understanding of others, improve communication and build relationships. Find out about our DISC Card Game today!
- Get the answer to the Tough question! Developed initially as a support service to assist our existing clients with developing mental toughness in their athletes, the ATHLETE TOUGH Program has grown to be a standout, stand-alone product. The Handbook is written in plain English and is highly illustrated to keep your athletes engaged, while the video series makes it easy for coaches to implement. Find out for yourself why so many coaches love the ATHLETE TOUGH Program and read what they have to say. Use this exclusive link to purchase it at our VIP Special Pricing.
- Getting ready or planning for your next Camp? Found yourself thinking about how to differentiate yours from all of the other choices young athletes have? Here’s how you can make yours standout from the rest and add exceptional value to your campers’ experience with you. Athlete Assessments now have an Elite Sports Camp service that you need to be aware of.
- Ready to be launched in 2020! Athlete Assessments is always chasing the 0.1% improvements and our new DISC Compatibility Report and Career Compatibility Reports are another example of this. We have recently been working on two exciting new development tools that will be launched shortly to assist our clients in creating sustained success in their programs, and life after sport. Our two new reports are compatible with each of the AthleteDISC, CoachDISC and Sports ManagerDISC Profiles, and we will help you to implement exciting system features and reports. Get a sneak peek now and look forward to using in the year ahead!
Inspirational YouTube Video
A group of university students recently performed an anniversary celebration for their school with incredible synchronization! We’ve watched it a few times now and we’re STILL impressed. Check it out now to see for yourself!
Quotes to Inspire You
And we’ll leave you with our popular quotes section of our newsletter!
Losers quit when they fail.
Winners fail until they succeed.
Leaders become great not because of their power, but because of their ability to empower others.
The strongest people aren’t always the people who win, but the people who don’t give up when they lose.
Want to be kept in the loop?