By Bo Hanson – Director and Lead Consultant
Start energizing your team like a Rock Star
Rock bands follow a formula for managing their audience’s energy. When you think about any of the live gigs you’ve been to, they follow a pretty predictable pattern. Predictable but effective. In this short video Bo Hanson shows you how to apply that formula to coaching sessions.
It’s unrealistic to expect athletes to be energized 100% of the time over the course of a training session which may be 2-3 hours long. Instead, it is our job as coaches to manage their energy in an effective way, taking into account physical development, skill acquisition and importantly, enjoyment.
It’s enjoyment and satisfaction that keeps athletes coming back.
It’s essential that most needed, least enjoyable and favorite drills are scheduled in an order that manages your athletes’ energy, ensures they make the most of every session and come back for more.
Watch this video as Bo Hanson explains:
At Athlete Assessments, we’re the experts in the ‘people side’ of sport. While we’re best known for our profiling and team dynamics consulting using the AthleteDISC, CoachDISC and Sports ManagerDISC, we do more than just Assessments.
Athlete Assessments’ Team Programs have been specifically designed to maximize the people side of your team.
- Achieve improved performance with better communication, relationship and conflict strategies
- Get a ‘blue-print’ on how to coach to your athletes’ specific needs
- Know with confidence how to develop strong team chemistry
- Team Programs include DISC Profiles, detailed Coach’s Resources & Consultations
- Work with a 4x Olympian with over 20 years in Coach Development & Leadership Training
- Guaranteed to deliver improved performance and results
At Athlete Assessments we’re here to provide you with excellence in service and to help you be your best. If there is anything we can do to be of service, don’t hesitate to contact us.