Welcome to September! We trust this finds you feeling awesome about your year so far and 2013 will be your best year yet! Here’s our latest update.
Athlete Assessments Newsletters – September 2013
- We have a new Video Q&A section – ask your question and we create a video answer – see the first few in the series. Submit your own question to be answered too. And of course, our latest articles on the most relevant and “action provoking” topics (we made that phrase up which means the step after “thought provoking”). Read on!
- “Tacit Knowledge in Sport (What you don’t know you know)”-- The top coaches and athletes have Tacit Knowledge. Find out what it is and how to develop it.
- “6 ways to Improve an Athlete’s Resiliency” – The most successful athletes excel at being resilient. Here are 6 ways to help your athletes successfully bounce back from setbacks.
- “Coaching Expertise – What Expert Coaches Do” – We discuss the 8 most important elements expert coaches demonstrate on a consistent basis. It is all about what makes them exceptional.
- Following on from the above article… “What Level is your Coaching at?” – Find out what the key coaching levels are and how to incorporate these concepts into your sports program.
- You’ll never guess our Book Review! Yes, a Dr Suess Book and it’s not because we wanted a quick book to read. It’s a book I read as a bed-time story for my daughters, when I need a lift! Great for everyone, it can also be a fun book to share with your athletes for a lighter side to Resiliency. Oh, the Places You’ll Gois a timeless gem…
- Favorite YouTube Clip: Still one of the most popular segments of our newsletter… Here’s a classic 1990’s ad from Nike which has endless value and yet unfortunately, is still very relevant for today.
Other new articles include:
- “The Importance of Mental Skills in Sport”
- “Do Your Athletes Listen?” (Increasing the impact of your coaching messages)
- “Recognizing the DISC Styles when Recruiting”
I love receiving all of your feedback and comments, so please keep it coming! And remember to submit your “Question” for our next video instalment of Q&As. Enjoy the rest of your best year yet and everything that it brings.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO BEING PART OF YOUR SUCCESS!
As always, if there is anything we can assist you with, or you’d like more information about, we’re absolutely dedicated to being here for you. Let’s achieve together.
My very best,
and the Athlete Assessments Team
PS: Feel free to forward this email onto others you believe would be interested or would benefit…
PS: Do you want to review earlier editions of our newsletters? Find them on our website.