It was a challenge to step up from our last newsletter, which had our largest following yet, but we’re confident we have…This is a ‘beauty’…Read on now!
Athlete Assessments Newsletters – June 2011
- Inspirational Coaches Roselee Jencke and Patti Gerckens – This edition we’re ‘myth busting’ to disprove the old saying that you have to lose a Grand Final before you win one, with two client examples winning their respective Championships this year. Roselee Jencke with the trans-Tasman ANZ Championship and Patti Gerckens with their NCAA National Championship. Both coaches share their personal insights into their winning 2011 seasons.
- Coach Performance Reviews – especially for Sports Coaches, we share the secrets to having your best ever end-of-season performance review with management. (This is the second article in the series.)
- The Talent Code by Daniel Coyle – if you haven’t read this exceptional book yet, read our book review and summary for the essentials of cracking the talent code.
- Sporting Parents are Influential Role Models – share this important article with the parents of your athletes, whether they are little leaguers or Olympians, your program will benefit.
- Crucial Simplicity – a 2 minute example of how the best coaches know exactly how to get through to their athletes. It is a quickie and you’ll love it.
- Excellence in Team Management & Sports Administration – just released last week, only the final places remain in this exceptional training program, designed specifically for the sports industry – don’t miss out.
1, INSPIRATIONAL COACHES
We are ‘myth busting’ and have a special double-header to disprove the myth that you need to lose a Grand Final / Championship before you win one!
Inspirational Coach Roselee Jencke: If there ever existed a “perfect season”, the Mission Queensland Firebirds Netball team delivered it with their unprecedented success in 2011. They took out the ANZ Championship undefeated and broke numerous individual player, team and series records along the way. In this personal interview, Roselee shares her insights on how she led her team to achieve this exceptional result.
Click here to read more…
Inspirational Coach Patti Gerckens: Another exceptional coaching example of taking her team to their first National Championships and bringing home the trophy! (And their team also broke a number of records this season too!) Patti provides us with her perspective of how they achieved their success and the lessons learnt along the way. You’ll enjoy and benefit from this personal insight. Click here to read more…
2, FOR SPORTS COACHES – HOW TO PREPARE FOR YOUR BEST-EVER PERFORMANCE REVIEW
If you feel you could improve your performance in your performance review, read on. We share the top seven secrets for coaches to enjoy the benefits and rewards of an excellent performance review, irrespective of whether they won the Championship this year or not. Ensure you don’t leave your performance review to chance or scramble at the last minute…Click here to read more…
3, “THE TALENT CODE” BY DANIEL COYLE
We highly recommend this book. It is a must-read for anyone involved in sport (no, actually for anyone!). We absolutely appreciate how time-poor many of our readers are, so we’re providing you with not only a book review, but also a summary of the key concepts, research and examples contained within the book. You can get the essentials of this book in a quick read of this article (although, we still recommend you read the book – it is excellent!). Want to read more…Click here to read more…
4, SPORTING PARENTS ARE INFLUENTIAL ROLE MODELS
Parents can make or break their children’s experience of sport. Whether we like it or not, children tend to do what we do, more than do what we say! Parents are influential role models to their children, especially when it comes to sport. We share our five top recommendations parents can do to ensure that their involvement in their children’s sport has the very best outcomes. Click here to read more…
5, CRUCIAL SIMPLICITY – THE BEST 2 MINUTE READ YOU CAN GET
You’ll love this short, true story of Head Coach Don Coryell of the San Diego Chargers. I re-found this recently and those I shared it with, loved it too. It is a perfect example of knowing exactly what to say to your athlete at the crucial time. It will make you smile too. Click here to read more…
6, EXCELLENCE IN TEAM MANAGEMENT & SPORTS ADMINISTRATION
I’m sure you agree, any sporting success relies on excellence in sports management, administration and support. But often, all of the focus and development is directed to the athletes and coaches, and an important contributing group on the management side miss out. Well, not anymore!
Based on our experience with clients and other top sporting organizations, we’ve developed a training program specifically for team managers, sports administrators and other sports professionals. This one-day program cuts through to the essentials of communication, leadership, dealing with conflict and influencing others.
We only released the program dates and locations last week and already we’re down to the final places for these events. Don’t miss out. Book today. Find out more…
WE’RE HALF TIME FOR 2011, LET’S BRING IT HOME IN THE SECOND HALF!
What a year to date, full of inspiration, great clients and not to mention a lot of hard work. We trust you’re enjoying us bringing you top-quality articles and information. We strive to be our best in helping you be your best.
If there is anything we can assist you with or that you’d like more information about, we’re absolutely dedicated to be here for you. Let’s achieve together.
My very best,
and the Athlete Assessments Team
PS: Feel free to forward this email onto others you believe would be interested or would benefit…
Australia: +61 (0)7 3102 5333 | USA: +1 760 742 5157 | UK: +44 20 7193 4575 | NZ: +64 (0)9 889 2979