With the holidays so close and the end of 2012 approaching, we send our very best to you, your teams and those most important to you. Our objective for this edition of our newsletter is to provide quality holiday reading (and viewing) and say congratulations and thank you to all of our clients and contacts that have contributed and achieved so much this year!
Athlete Assessments Newsletters – December 2012
- If you haven’t already, get Your Coaching Philosophy Workbook and use the step-by-step guide to refresh, evolve or develop this critical foundation of your coaching. Consider it our holiday gift to you!
- Posing like your favorite super hero can improve your performance in sport and in life. Don’t believe us? Find out for yourself in the full article about Amy Cuddy’s research. This is also our top YouTube recommendation – it is a must watch.
- Do you have new athletes joining your program in 2013? We share our tips on Best Practice Induction Programs to ensure your new recruits and returning athletes start the new season fully committed and aligned to your program.
- Leaders in sport know there is more to a coach’s performance than the score board alone. Our popular “Top 7” for this update is the Reasons for Quality Coach Performance Reviews. Read it now.
- We know you love our book reviews (because you keep telling us so!) and this edition we review “There Is An I In Team” by Mark De Rond. Read our favorite bits and find out what made me cry! Enjoy this book review.
- Looking for another book to read these holidays or a gift for someone hard to buy for. Check out our Recommended Books list.
- Did you miss the October webinar with Bo Hanson presenting ‘Conflict, Chaos and Cliques’ – How to navigate a successful season. Watch the recording to catch up.
- Remember, to stay up to date as things happen, join us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
I love receiving all of your feedback and comments, so please keep it coming! Enjoy the holiday season and everything that it brings. Here we go…Read on now!
YOUR COACHING PHILOSOPHY WORKBOOK
Coaches are constantly told that having a well-defined Coaching Philosophy is a critical component of a successful career. BUT, it can be a challenge to develop on your own and it takes time to evolve. Want a head-start or boost in the right direction?
Your Coaching Philosophy Workbook: We’ve taken decades of experience, interviews with top coaches, research and testing to formulate this workbook for your benefit. Be guided step-by-step through this important process.
For a limited time, this is at no charge, you can get your own free copy now.
POSING LIKE A SUPER HERO IMPROVES PERFORMANCE
In our article “Posing like a Superhero Improves Performance” we highlight the key learnings and application for sport of Amy Cuddy’s TED Talks video on how your body language shapes who you are. See how power poses can change your testosterone and cortisol levels to help you gain confidence and manage stress – very important in sport! …more
BEST PRACTICE ATHLETE INDUCTION PROGRAMS
Find out what you must get right when inducting new athletes into your team and re-establishing returning athletes in the pre-season. This vital investment upfront will pay massive dividends down the track. Get it right, right from the start …more
OUR TOP 7: REASONS FOR EFFECTIVE COACH PERFORMANCE REVIEWS
All too often in sport, a coach’s performance is judged by whether their contract is extended, or they are getting fired. But a coach’s performance is so much more than that. Here are the top 7 Reasons why Coach Performance Reviews are vital for continued sporting success …more
BOOK REVIEW: “THERE IS AN I IN TEAM” BY MARK DE ROND
Read our book review and favorite parts of Mark De Rond’s ‘There Is An I In Team’. The book’s focus is on the challenge of bringing talented individuals together in a high-performance team …more
And remember, if you are looking for other great books to read, visit outRecommended Books page on our website. We will continue to update this with our latest suggestions and book reviews.
CONFLICT, CHAOS AND CLIQUES WEBINAR
From the Alliance of Women Coaches, Bo Hanson presents this five-part Webinar on Conflict, Cliques and Chaos: Using the Stages of Team Development, DISC and the GRIP Model to Navigate a Successful Season. Watch a recording of the webinar and access the additional resources provided on this important topic.. …more
Remember, join us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube to receive updates as they happen.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO BEING PART OF YOUR SUCCESS IN 2013!
As always, if there is anything we can assist you with or that you’d like more information about, we’re absolutely dedicated to being here for you. Let’s achieve together.
My very best,
and the Athlete Assessments Team
Australia: +61 (0)7 3102 5333 | USA: +1 760 742 5157 | UK: +44 20 7193 4575 | NZ: +64 (0)9 889 2979