With an incredibly busy non-stop year, it has been some time since our last newsletter. This one is definitely worth the wait… In response to readers’ requests, we tackle some important (but less covered) topics as well as provide some inspiration and valuable discussion. Read on!
Athlete Assessments Newsletters – December 2011
- Coping with a Poor Performance – We all have losses in sport (and life). How we cope with these losses is what separates everyday athletes from champions. Here’s a coach’s guide to coping with a loss.
- Concussions and Female Athletes Documentary – For anyone involved in female sports, this is a must watch video. It is available online now.
- A Player’s Value Beyond their “Position” – When you look at the athletes in your squad or team, what do you see? Find out why seeing beyond the number on an athlete’s back can make all the difference to the team.
- Team Secrets to Success – Secrets to team success and personal insights revealed on how to make a champion team, not just a team of champions.
- Pre-Season Preparation – Get a GRIP – Being pre-season for about half our readers, it is timely to revisit one of the most popular articles (and video) from last year.
- The New and Improved Athlete Assessments’ DISC Profile Reports – After over a year’s further development, we’re about to release the new and improved versions of our AthleteDISC, CoachDISC and Sports ManagerDISC Profiles. Get your sneak preview of our latest and greatest!
- VIDEO: “DON’T GIVE UP, DON’T EVER GIVE UP.” – Jimmy Valvano’s 1993 ESPN Speech, it is worth every moment of watching…
1, COPING WITH A POOR PERFORMANCE
Coming to terms with a poor performance in sport is not easy. There are a range of emotions to be overcome. This article helps you, help your athlete(s) through a loss and ready to compete at their peak again. Click here to read more…
2, CONCUSSIONS AND FEMALE ATHLETES DOCUMENTARY
This is a ground-breaking documentary that you can view the full-length video online for free. We invite and encourage you to pass the link along to others, so that working together we can help increase awareness and prevention about the serious issue of concussions and female athletes. Click here to watch the video now…
3, PLAYER’S VALUE BEYOND THEIR POSITION
Inspired by a coach’s comment, this article looks at the contributions athletes make, beyond their technical position. Understanding and building the individual contribution a player makes can be extremely valuable and make the coach’s job, that much easier (and enjoyable) and help you win more often. Click here to read more…
4, TEAM SECRETS TO SUCCESS
There is a difference between a champion team and a team of champions. Read on for personal reflections on how team identity, victories and goals, emotional bonds, and a deeper connection between teammates can help make the difference. Click here to read more…
5, REVISITING PRE-SEASON PREPARATION – GET A GRIP
It is that time of year again for about half our clients, so we thought it timely to re-visit one of the most popular articles from last year about pre-season preparation. In How To Get a ‘GRIP’, we share how we work with our clients to kick start their season and ensure everyone starts on the same page and united. Click here to read more…
We’re also providing you special access to the accompanying video that is usually for client access only. Click here to watch the video now..
6, THE NEW & IMPROVED ATHLETE ASSESSMENTS’ DISC PROFILE REPORTS
Like our clients, at Athlete Assessments we are constantly looking for new ways to improve and get even better results. And while our previous versions of the DISC Profile Reports were very popular and received great feedback and results for our clients, we wanted to make them even better. After over a year of dedicated development, we look forward to releasing our new versions very soon. But you get access NOW!
Find out more…
7, VIDEO: “DON’T GIVE UP, DON’T EVER GIVE UP.”
No introduction can give this video justice, so just watch Jimmy Valvano’s 1993 ESPN Speech, it is worth every moment of watching…
Click here to watch the video now…
WHAT AN INCREDIBLE YEAR!
Before we sign off for the year, we’d like to say a big thank you to all of our great clients and contacts. It is an honor to serve you and we are constantly inspired by what you strive for and achieve. We trust you’ve enjoyed us bringing you top-quality articles and information this year and we will deliver even more in 2012. If there is anything we can assist you with or that you’d like more information about, we’re absolutely dedicated to be here for you. Let’s achieve together.
My very best,
and the Athlete Assessments Team
PS: Feel free to forward this email onto others you believe would be interested or would benefit…
PPS: Don’t forget to check out the new improved versions of our Athlete Assessments’ profiles, including the AthleteDISC, CoachDISC and Sports ManagerDISC.
Australia: +61 (0)7 3102 5333 | USA: +1 760 742 5157 | UK: +44 20 7193 4575 | NZ: +64 (0)9 889 2979